Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Frustration Abounds!!


Computers, you either love 'em or you hate 'em. Me, I LOVE 'EM!! What can I say?! I'm a girl of the 80s! Anyway, as much as I love them, and spend most of my waking moments on one, I can still get frustrated with them.

The latest thing to drive me insane is my DVD drive. For whatever reason it does NOT want to play DVDs, which is a real pain!! I'm not the only one frustrated with this either! My son C is driving me insane about it! 'Mom, what's this computers problem?! Mom, I did what you said, and it's not working! Mom, I thought you said you fixed it!!' I'm starting to feel like the superhero that has let her fan down.

Anyway, I asked around to my IT boys at work and they told me it's a problem with the software that is trying to play the DVDs. A new software they suggested was AVS, which I have now downloaded, and guess what?! The DVD STILL doesn't play!! UGH!! I have a couple other sites to try. Does anyone have any other suggestions or solutions?


In the meantime, I guess I take this as God's way of telling me to 'get a life'!! LOL I know that spending soooooo much time in front of a screen is not good for me, and also not good for C. So, God in his way, has taken care of that. I get the message, take time away from the silly computer, and spend quality time not only with C, but also with God and his creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment