Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Good day for Geo-Caching

What's geo-caching you ask?! It's AMAZING that's what it is. LOL

Dictionary.com defines it as: a type of scavenger hunt for waterproof containers bearing treasure using the containers' exact geographic coordinates and Global Positioning System devices.

It's a great way to spend a nice day outside. A modern day treasure hunt. It actually is a year round thing, but I find we tend to participate a lot more in the nicer weather. It is also a world wide phenomenon. It's for all ages, all genders, and all animals. LOL We even have Geo-Dogs who participate.


I learned about this a few years ago when I read an article about it in one of my Mom's magazines. We have a Tom Tom GPS, which somewhat does the job,




but my ultimate would be one of the GPS handhelds that I can actually download the caches into.


So, that my friends is Geo-caching. Check it out at www.geocaching.com




It's a wonderful chance to get outside and enjoy the beauty of God's creation. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses along the hunt path. Oh, and watch out for the bees in the roses, because they made it on the Ark too. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment